The focus of Kinesiology is to maintain, rehabilitate and/or enhance movement, performance and function, the areas of sport, recreation, work, exercise, and activities of daily living.
Registered Kinesiologists work with individuals of all ages and ability levels, by applying the principles of biomechanics, anatomy, physiology and psychomotor behaviour to improve the health, function and performance of an individual. Registered Kinesiologsits are committed to enhancing the quality of life through the promotion of physical activity, workplace health, and the prevention and management of injury, chronic disease and disability.
When we feel our best, we can train our bodies to be stronger, faster, and more powerful. Our Registered Kinesiologist will motivate you to stay active, provide programs for the pre-season, in-season, or off-season, and help work through old injuries, prevent illness and new injuries to maintain an active and strong lifestyle.
A Registered Kinesiologist are a regulated health care provider and have a minimum of a 4-year degree and often multiple related health and fitness certifications. Many insurance companies now offer Registered Kinesiology under their extended health care. Call or inquire today, to see if yours does!
What can a Registered Kinesiologist do for you?
- Help youmove better, live longer and be healthier
- Help prevent injury and chronic disease through the use of exercise prescription
- Musculoskeletal assessments
- Rehabilitative and Functional Re-training exercises
- Fitness conditioning for weight loss, cardiovascular training and muscular development
- Rehabilitation for various chronic diseases
- Educate individuals on how to move effectively, without causing injury or re-injury
Movement is the Medicine. Book an appointment with our Registered Kinesiologist and see how you can benefit from the various services available to you.
Services provided by the Registered Kinesiologist:
- Therapeutic Exercises
- Exercise Prescription
- Program designs
- Off-season and Pre-season training
- Core- strengthening programs
- Therapeutic Ultrasound
- One-on-one training
- Sports specific training