Your feet are the foundation of your body. They support you when you stand, walk, or run. And they help protect your spine, bones, and soft tissues from damaging stress as you move around. Your feet perform better when all their muscles, arches, and bones are in their ideal stable positions.
It's a chain reaction.
It is commonly understood that alleviating pain in one part of your body often requires treating a different part. The pain you feel in your neck could be caused by a misalignment in your spine which is caused by unbalanced positioning in your feet. See? It's a chain reaction.
By stabilizing and balancing your feet, orthotics enhance your body’s performance and efficiency, reduce pain, and contribute to your total body wellness. Orthotics complement your healthcare when you stand, walk, and live your active life. Custom-made Orthotics are individualized to stabilize your spine and pelvis by correcting imbalances in your feet - the foundation of your skeletal system. Though they may go unnoticed, these imbalances contribute to fatigue, misalignments, and pain in areas throughout your body.
Even if your feet don't hurt, they may be a major factor contributing to your health problems. Spinal-pelvic misalignment is the culprit. Pain in various parts of your body may be traced directly to your feet! You may not be as fortunate as you think. A foot problem may be the cause of discomfort or pain in your leg/hip, back, arm/shoulder or even your neck!
Take This Test
- Do you stand or walk on hard surfaces for more than 4 hours daily?
- Do you participate regularly in any physical sport (basketball, baseball, tennis, golf, bowling, etc.)?
- Are you age 40 or over?
- Have you had a prior knee injury, back injury, or neck injury?
- Do your shoes wear unevenly?
- Do you have joint pain while standing, walking, or running?
- Is one of your legs shorter than the other?
- Do you have knock knees or bow legs?
- Do you have obvious foot problems (bunions, corns, flat feet, etc.)?
- Do your feet "toe out" when you're walking?
If you said yes to any of the above, then you would most probably benefit tremendously from a custom fitted orthotic!
Whether you are an existing patient or simply would like to have custom made orthotics, please call our office at 905-567-9317 to set up a special appointment for your casting.Proper foot function is a necessity in these busy times as the feet are the foundation for a healthy posture.
Conditions Helped By Orthotics.
If you suffer from any one of these, you may be able to benefit from custom foot orthotics
- Heel Spur.
- Plantar Fasciitis.
- Bunions.(Hallux Valgus)
- Hammer Toes and Corns.
- Achilles Tendonitis.
- Shin Splints.
- Chondromalacia Patella(Runner's Knee).
- lliotibial Band Syndrome.
- Lower Back Pain.
- Sore Hips, Knees and Feet
In addition, if you actively participate in athletics or your job keeps you "on your feet all day", orthotics have been proven to reduce body stress and improve ability and performance.